RaceDay Easy Peel & Stick Tiles Diamond Tread Pattern, 24" x 24" Case of 10 Covers 40 SQ FT
Specially formulated, commercial-grade G-Floor® polyvinyl material with peel-off, press & stick backing.
Product is made from solid virgin vinyl providing an extremely tough (gloss finish) that will look great for years.
RaceDay Tiles are made in the USA
- Pressure sensitive adhesive backing
- Beautifies garages, shops, and work areas
- Easy to install & custom fit
- Hides cracks and stains, helps prevent concrete damage
- Non-porous surface, virtually seals floor
- Resistant to battery acid, oil, salt, antifreeze and alkali
- Reduces noise, Insulates
- Available in a 12" x 12" or 24" x 24" Tile
- 5 Year Warranty
PROS: Product is made from solid virgin vinyl providing an extremely tough (gloss finish) that will look great for years. The adhesive we use should never harden completely, so tiles can be moved/re-positioned if necessary. Material not brittle: won’t chip/crack like many garage tile products. Reasonable cost considering features/benefits when compared to other tile options. Reduces amount of dirt tracked into home. Cushions floor, insulates, and reduces noise.
RaceDay™ Peel and Stick Tile is made of the highest quality solid vinyl from top to bottom without being layered. Some other flooring tiles only use high quality materials on the top 10%–20% of their product and laminate with lower-grade material that does not offer the same protection throughout. Some products even have three layers of filler using some of the poorest quality materials available.
• RaceDay tile is tough enough to drive on yet comfortable to walk on. The longer it sets, the better it will look.
• RaceDay tile contains no asbestos, lead, or hazardous chemicals at levels found to be of concern on Prop 65.
RaceDay Tile is solid polyvinyl and has the same resistances throughout the entire product top to bottom. RaceDay Tile is superior to all other flooring tile that you can drive and walk on.
RaceDay™ Peel & Stick Tiles have a 95–mil base thickness (approximately 0.095"—a bit thicker than a nickel) before the peel-off adhesive is applied
Please Note: Due to the manufacturing process the pattern on the Diamond RaceDay Peel & Stick will not line up continuously from tile to tile.
Installation as recommended by manufacturer:
Tools needed: Utility knife, straight edge, and something to mark floor.
Prep & Installation Instructions
(1) How much tile will you need? We recommend that you purchase about 10% more tile than your project will require. This will allow you to cover mistakes, trimming and for future possible damage.
(2) Clean Floor: Clean sub floor free of grease, wax, dirt, oil, foreign matter and any chemicals that may be present. Make sure sub floor is smooth and fill in areas if needed.
(3) Preparation of Sub Floor: Concrete must be fully cured (about 28 days or longer after pouring), free of moisture and alkalinity. Make standard moisture and alkalinity test if necessary. Moisture and alkali will not hurt or damage the RaceDay™ tile, but it can damage the adhesive and cause it to break down over time. Note: It is the responsibility of the installer or flooring contractor to determine the dryness of all concrete sub floors before installation of floor tiles begins. On grade concrete sub floors must contain an effective, permanent moisture barrier (floor primer or basement proofer). Plywood/solid wood sub floors should be dry and fully cured. It is also recommended to use a primer on wood sub floors for better bond. The primer prevents the adhesive from being absorbed into the concrete or wood surface. Failure to use primer over concrete voids warranty. All holes, cracks, and depressions must be filled with a latex underlayment and any cracks and depressions must be eliminated. Dust should be removed with a vacuum or damp mop and dried immediately before applying peal and stick tile.
(4) Layout of Room: Lay out some unpeeled tile on floor to see how your pattern and placement will look before actually applying tile. It is recommended to always start from a square point and work out. Treat room as a rectangle and find the center points of two end walls. Mark floor to insure square point and make a guideline with pencil, ink, laser or light chalk line for your first row of tile then entire grid if desired (if using a chalk line make sure you do not have excessive chalk on floor, it can prevent adhesive from sticking).
(5) Laying Tile: Make sure all tile has been stored at room temperature of at least 65 degrees Fahrenheit for a period of 48 hours. Do not install tile in conditions less than 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Always start from center and work out. Peel off release paper and place tile edge flush with marking line and slowly lower remainder of tile onto floor in a bent fashion as if you were unrolling a mat. This will keep air out and assure an even stick. Tile can be peeled back up and repositioned if required.
(6) Boarder Tile: Do not peel off paper from back before you make your cuts. Turn tile over and place loose tile over last row so that one end of loose tile is touching the wall. Then mark paper of loose tile with pencil and cut with knife. Then peel off back of fitted tile, turn over and put in place. When fitting around obstacles make pattern on paper and draw an outline on the back of tile paper to cut shape.
(7) For best results, be sure to roll your floor in both directions after installation to make sure all air bubbles are out and adhesive touches the sub floor.
NOTE: Better Life Technology, LLC nor Elite Xpressions is not responsible for installation.
Care and Cleaning Recommendations for RaceDay Tiles:
CLEANING & CARE: Surface is easily washed with floor soap and water. Mild soaps and other household detergents suitable for floors are usually effective. Never leave harsh detergents or chemicals on product. Normal household vinyl cleaners may be used to increase longevity and to remove stubborn debris. Certain automotive vinyl products may cause surface to become slippery. Use a non-slip vinyl floor cleaner–protector such as Armstrong Once ’n Done® Floor Cleaner or Armstrong Shinekeeper® Floor Polish. For best results, follow directions provided with vinyl floor cleaner. Do not strip, polish, buff or burnish. Scrub floor if needed with light broom or floor cleaning pad for vinyl flooring.
This is not a stain-proof product—certain dyes, inks, rubber tires, and chemicals may cause permanent staining. Some non-permanent stains can be removed with spray-on Brake and Tool Cleaner, found in many auto parts stores, without damaging the product. However, use of Brake and Tool Cleaner may cause product discoloration. Never use harsh chemicals such as tar remover or kerosene on this product.
Any floor surface may become slippery when moisture or debris is present. Proper care and cleaning of vinyl flooring will reduce the likelihood of slips and falls. Always wipe up any oil, chemicals, or other fluids that may drip or leak from vehicle to prevent hazardous, slippery conditions. Always dispose of hazardous materials properly. Never leave chemicals on product or wash into sewer system.
Leaving chemicals and fluids on the product for a long period of time may cause damage, seep underneath the tile, and can breakdown adhesive. This will void the warranty.
If adhesive breaks down or tile becomes loose, tiles can be reattached with additional adhesive. Pull up loose tiles and clean floor. Then apply a pressure sensitive adhesive, 3M brand Rubber & Vinyl 80 Spray Adhesive or G-Floor® brand Clear Pressure Sensitive Adhesive is recommended. Follow directions provided with adhesive.
For rough sub floor conditions or areas that will be subject to excessive moisture, additional adhesive will be required. Sub floors must be in a condition that is recommended by the adhesive manufacture for proper long-term adhesion. Follow all instruction on adhesives for installation and sub floor preparation and limitations.